Marketing Director Position Description
Sports World Ministries is not-for-profit, 501(c)(3) ministry whose mission is to “send former professional athletes to share personal life experiences with students, helping them to recognize the consequences of choices while challenging them with a Message of Hope.
- Microsoft Suite
- Adobe Creative Suite (preferable version 6 or higher) knowledge
- Detail-oriented with the ability to manage projects from inception through execution
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
- A hunger to learn and ability to grow the marketing department
- Entrepreneurial, self-starter with hands-on approach
- Basic knowledge of HTML, CSS, & WordPress
- BS/BA in Marketing or related field
- Minimum 3 years marketing experience at a small to mid-size professional services organization.
- 2 years’ experience at director level or 5 years experiences at marketing manager.
- Experience with news media and internet advertising
- Experience in sales and/or fundraising
Responsibilities and Activities
- Design, implement, and facilitate annual marketing plan.
- Support and facilitate development and implementation of marketing plans.
- Develops marketing strategy, based on knowledge of Sports World’s policy, nature of the ministry, and copyright.
- Plan and administer the Sports World’s Marketing Operations budget
Oversee business development activities
- Efforts through Development Administrator (Designs for Appeals, Newsletters, etc.)
- Offer coaching for prospective client meetings, presentations, etc.
- Coordinate the marketing for the banquets, online registration and auctions
- Edits materials according to specific requirements of staff and new projects.
- Develop promotional materials including marketing collateral and print copies
- Work with Regional Managers regarding their design needs for client meetings, team captains, victory parties, camps, etc.
- Manage and Grow the Social Media Department
- Create and assist with email marketing
- Update and maintain website
Manage marketing department
- Supervise Marketing Associate if one is available.
- Make staffing and hiring decisions within marketing department.
- Build and develop a marketing team which is competent, commercially astute, dedicated and
- Manage day to day activity with Marketing Associate, social media sites, budgets, etc.
$40-47K with experience