Last updated: February 11, 2014
2. About SW; Purpose of Sports World. SW is a non-profit, 501(c)(3) tax-exempt organization.
SW is a non-profit organization that sends professional athletes across the US to share their personal like experiences and to encourage students to make positive choices while challenging each student with a message of Hope.
3. Registering with a Sports World Site; Signing Up for Certain Features.
Registering with a Sports World Site. SW welcomes anyone to check out the Sports World Sites. But in order to post comments, upload videos, or provide any other user-generated content and various other content, we may require you to register with the site, creating an account and password.
If you register with a Sports World Site, you agree to provide and maintain accurate, current and complete information about yourself. As part of the registration process, you may be asked to select a username and password or one may be automatically provided for you (this can be changed at any time). You agree not to select a username that impersonates someone else or otherwise violates someone else’s rights. You are responsible for the confidentiality and use of your username and password and agree not to transfer your account to another party. If you become aware that your account is no longer secure, please and notify us and change your password.
Signing Up for Certain Site Features. We welcome both registered members and non-registered visitors to sign up to enter contests, participate in polls, or use certain other features made available through Sports World Sites from time to time. Whether or not you are registered with a Site, we may require you to provide your email address and or postal address to sign up for these features. Any contests, polls or other features requiring you to sign up may be governed by specific rules, which we will post for your review. By signing up for a particular feature, you become subject to the rules governing that feature.
You acknowledge that to the extent that you include personally identifiable information in Submissions, we may republish such information as part of the content unless otherwise noted in the submission form. If we republish your content, we may provide authorship credit by listing your name as well.
5. Sports World Site Community Rules. Sports World Site forums are designed to encourage discussion on topics related to ideas, issues, politics, and activism. While Sports World Sites are centered on children’s issues and policies, we welcome a broad range of viewpoints. We have adopted the “Sports World Community Rules” set forth below to create a forum where information and views can be shared in a productive and civilized way. While using Sports World Sites, you agree to follow the Sports World Community Rules.
You agree to:
Respect other Members. Please do not threaten, abuse, intimidate or harass other Site users.
Use Sports World Sites for noncommercial use only. Posting entries solely to promote your own commercial ventures is not allowed.
You agree not to:
Post any content or provide links to any content that endorse or oppose a particular political party or candidate for office.
Post any private information or otherwise harvest, collect or disclose information, about another Sports World Site user without his or her express consent.
Post any content to a Sports World Site that is unlawful, racist, libelous, defamatory, obscene, or harasses particular individuals or groups.
Post any content to a Sports World Site that infringes any third-party’s intellectual property or other rights.
Use Sports World Sites for any unlawful purpose, or transmit or otherwise make available in connection with Sports World Sites any material that would give rise to criminal or civil liability.
Use Sports World Sites for advertisements, chain letters, “spamming,” survey solicitations, junk mail or solicitations. We are not free advertising.
Impersonate any person or entity, including any SW employees, or falsely state or otherwise misrepresent your affiliation with any person or entity.
Imply that SW endorses any of your statements or positions.
Transmit any harmful, invasive or disruptive code or other materials (such as viruses, worms or web bugs) through or to a Sports World Site, or otherwise “hack” or deface any portion of a Sports World Site.
Frame or mirror any part of a Sports World Site without our prior written authorization.
6. SW’s Proprietary Rights and Re-Use Policy. You acknowledge and agree that the information and materials presented on or through a Sports World Site will remain the property of SW and its licensors or providers, and are protected by copyright, trademark, patent, and/or other proprietary rights and related laws, rules and regulations. The materials produced by SW (including photographs, graphics, video and audio content) are protected by copyright as a collective work or compilation under the copyright laws of the United States and other countries. All individual articles, content and other elements comprising this compilation and produced by SW are also copyrighted works. You agree to abide by all additional copyright notices or restrictions contained in any materials produced by SW.
The trademarks, service marks, logos and trade names displayed on Sports World Sites (collectively the “Marks”) are the registered and unregistered trademarks of SW and SW’s licensors and suppliers, and others. All Marks on Sports World Sites not owned by SW are the property of their respective owners. The Marks owned by SW, whether registered or unregistered, may not be used in connection with any product or service that is not SW’s.
General Re-Use Policy
You may copy reprint, publish, reproduce, or otherwise display materials created by SW made available through a Sports World Site (collectively, the “Sports World Works”) on the condition that you attribute those materials to SW as applicable, and provide a link to the applicable SW website (www.SportsWorld.org). Specifically, any article or materials that you reprint or otherwise reproduce must be displayed with its by-line, if applicable, under one of the following headings:
“This material [article] was created by the Sports World” (online)
“This material [article] was created by the Sports World (insert applicable website here)” (print)
You can usually tell that a work is a “Sports World Work” because it has a by-line, tagline or other attribution as such. “Sports World Works” do not include any materials posted on or through the site that do not include such an attribution (such as an AP photo, an article by an outside contributor, a music/audio file or a cartoon). If you are uncertain whether a work is a Sports World Work, please contact us. Please contact the author of works published on Sports World that are not Sports World Works for permission to re-use such works.
Limit on Use
Except as expressly permitted above, you may not copy, reproduce, distribute, publish, enter into a database, display, perform, modify, create derivative works, transmit, or in any way exploit any material produced by SW.
You may not make any editorial changes to articles or materials without first receiving express permission from SW. This provision does not restrict excerpting portions of content in a manner that does not alter the editorial intent.
If any of these terms are breached, we reserve the right to withdraw your license to republish our material. In this situation, you must take immediate steps to remove our material from all current and past communications.
7. Information Available on or Through Sports World Sites. Much information made available on or through Sports World Sites is provided by third parties (such as news services) or other Sports World Site visitors or users (such information, “Third-Party Content”). The inclusion or appearance of Third-Party Content on Sports World Sites does not indicate any approval or endorsement by SW. SW is not responsible for, and hereby disclaims any and all liability that may arise from Third-Party Content.
8. Links. The Sports World Sites provide links to other websites and resources. Because SW has no control over these sites and resources, you acknowledge and agree that SW does not endorse and are not responsible or liable for any content, advertising, products, or other materials on or available from such sites or resources. SW is providing these links to you only as a convenience. SW has the right, but not the obligation to block links from or to Sports World Sites at any time.
9. Claims of Copyright Infringement. The Digital Millennium Copyright Act of 1998 (the “DMCA”) provides recourse for copyright owners who believe that material appearing on the Internet infringes their rights under U.S. copyright law. If you believe in good faith that materials hosted by SW infringe your copyright, you (or your agent) may send us a notice requesting that the material be removed, or access to it blocked. Notices and counter-notices must meet the then-current statutory requirements imposed by the DMCA; see http://www.loc.gov/copyright/ for details. Notices and counter-notices with respect to Sports World Site should be sent to:
ATTN: General Counsel
1919 S. Post Road
Indianapolis, IN 46239
Please be aware that if you decide to disclose personally identifiable information on forums open to other site visitors, this information may become public. SW does not control the acts of other visitors to the Sports World Sites, so please be cautious when deciding to reveal personal information on a Sports World Site. If you believe a visitor is improperly collecting or using information about you or other users, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
11. Jurisdictional Issues. The Site is controlled and operated by SW from its principal office in Indianapolis, IN, U.S.A., and is not intended to subject SW to the laws or jurisdiction of any other state, country or territory. Those who choose to access a Sports World Site do so on their own initiative and at their own risk, and are solely responsible for complying with all local laws, rules, and regulations.
13. Disclaimers. THE SPORTS WORLD SITE IS PROVIDED “AS IS” WITHOUT WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND, WHETHER EXPRESSED, IMPLIED OR STATUTORY. YOU AGREE THAT YOU MUST EVALUATE AND BEAR ALL RISKS ASSOCIATED WITH THE USE OF THE SITES, AND ANY RELIANCE ON THE ACCURACY, COMPLETENESS, OR USEFULNESS THEREOF. TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMISSIBLE UNDER APPLICABLE LAW, SW AND SWAC DISCLAIM ALL WARRANTIES WITH RESPECT TO THE SPORTS WORLD SITE.
14. Limitation of Liability. SW OR ANY OF OUR AFFILIATES, DIRECTORS, OFFICERS, EMPLOYEES OR CONSULTANTS ARE RESPONSIBLE OR LIABLE FOR ANY INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL, SPECIAL, EXEMPLARY, PUNITIVE OR OTHER DAMAGES UNDER ANY CONTRACT, NEGLIGENCE, STRICT LIABILITY OR OTHER THEORY ARISING OUT OF OR RELATING IN ANY WAY TO THE SPORTS WORLD SITE AND/OR MATERIALS CONTAINED ON SUCH SITES, ANY LINKED SITE OR ANY CONTENT OR SERVICE AVAILABLE THROUGH THE SITES. YOUR SOLE REMEDY FOR DISSATISFACTION WITH THE SITES, CONTENT, SERVICES OR ANY LINKED SITE IS TO STOP YOUR USE OF IT.
1919 S. Post Road
Indianapolis, IN 46239